The successful candidate will work together with scientists and technicians of the CMF and the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) (attoworld.de) in Garching (Germany) to develop next-generation instruments based on bright, coherent, broadband mid-Infrared sources and field-resolved detection. The goal for this position is to test the feasibility of coherent field-resolved infrared metrology with multi-octave spectral coverage and unprecedented detection sensitivity for infrared fingerprinting of blood-based human biofluids (https://www.lasers4life.de/). We are seeking a suitable candidate for filling the position of a Laser Technical Assistant to help performing high-throughput measurements and establishing electric-field infrared spectroscopy.
The candidate will work in a highly international and interdisciplinary team in direct collaboration with the biorepository, which stores and pre-processes the samples, laser technicians and scientist, which develop and maintain the laser systems, and data analysts.
- routine operation of our laser-based infrared spectrometers, consisting of femtosecond-laser oscillators, amplifiers, pulse compressors and electro-optical detection systems;
- regular quality control and documentation of the achieved laser parameters;
- maintenance and fine adjustment of optomechanical components as well as implementation of improvements of the laser systems;
- facilitating the routine analysis of clinical sample;
- instruct new team members on how to use the laser spectrometer;
- elaboration of SOPs for laser operation in cooperation with biomedical staff.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in physics, physical engineering or electrical engineering or related fields;
- experience in setup and adjustment of optical systems
- good command of English (written and spoken) is a pre-required, command of German and / or Hungarian is advantageous;
- ability to work in an international environment;
- user-level computer management skills;
- quick learning and good communication skills;
- ability to work independently after training;
- high level of responsibility
- a broad range of activities in a dynamically evolving second-to-none endeavour and professional environment;
- ample opportunities for improving professional skills and qualifications – including professional trainings and workshops;
- position is initially limited to two years with the possibility of an extension.
We are interested in filling the positions as soon as possible and applications are continuously evaluated until the position is filled.
Please send a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the post and your CV to Dr. Mihaela Zigman (email@example.com) and Marinus Huber (firstname.lastname@example.org).